Today, I am very happy, because I was able to find time to slow down from work, and best of all, despite my crazy, and tight schedule, I still can manage to read books from time to time, like when I am on my way to work, or business meetings, stuck in traffic, inside the coffee shop, travelling, and before I go to bed.
They say that a great book is something that you can’t put down until you finish, and reach the last page, and for me that is true! Although today, I am sharing with you one of my exemptions, The Godfather by Mario Puzo. I say exemption, because I cannot count the number of times that I have read, re-read, and finished this book, but as always, I find myself picking the same from my bookshelf, every time that I am in dire need to read.
Well this blog is not a review, but basically, something that I would like to share with each and everyone of you on what I call – Things That I Have Learned from The Godfather.
It’s a collection of lines from the film, which influenced my way of thinking on my business and personal dealings, my love for my family, loyalty in friendship, betrayal, and forgiveness, an endless, and unfading love.
Only don’t tell me you’re innocent, because it insults my intelligence, and makes me very angry.
- NEVER discuss the family business.
- Make sure it’s your signature in the contract, not your brain.
3. Keep things business, not personal.
- Leave the gun. Take the Cannoli.
- If the favors are called, DO IT.
- Be careful when fellow diners come back from the restroom.
- Sicilian women are more dangerous than shotguns.
- Watch out for kids when you’re backing out.
- Put your hand in your pocket like you’ve got a gun, you’ll be alright.
- Oranges should make you nervous.
- Don’t look at anyone in the eye, but don’t look away either.
- Never talk business in front of the kids.
- Reasonable men do not need to make assurances.
- Don’t take sides against the family.
- Remember, women and children can be careless but not men.
- With respect comes loyalty.
- Don’t make promises you cannot keep.
- Family is the most important thing in life.
- Don’t act based on emotions.
20. Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer.
- Establish friendships out of respect, business and trust.
- White-collar criminals are the most powerful criminals.
- Keep your business private; discuss it only with family members.
- Violence is the last option.
- Don’t sell drugs.
- Build a powerful community.
- Don’t take things too personal.
- A man who does not spend time with his family can never be a real man.
- Among reasonable men problems of business could always be solved.
- The richest man is the one with the most powerful friends.
- Never hate your enemies, it affects your judgment.
- Accidents don’t happen to people who take accidents as a personal insult.
- Good health is the most important thing. More than success, more than money, more than power.
34. Despite your best efforts; things still might not work out in your favor. That life.
35. Life is so beautiful, nothing else is important. If I can believe in myself that much, nothing else matters.
- Always make them an offer they can’t refuse.
Related Article: https://annakharenina.wordpress.com/2014/10/19/the-godfather/